Re: More info 96 318

From: rking@jjsnack.com
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 19:45:39 EST

     Most peculiar! I haven't had quite that type of problem where the
     motor comes surging back with more throttle. When my candles go out
     they're OUT until I go through the whole stop and restart routine.

     Last night I thought I had another Jacobs problem. Passed a semi at
     WOT and right after that lost a cylinder...rough motor ...rough idle,
     the whole bit. Turned out one of those nice blue Jacobs wires sagged
     and rested on my header tube, burnt through and split. I just pulled
     the Jacobs wire and replaced with the OE one for now until I get in
     the new Magnecor wires I just bought from PAT at RDPerformance. Got
     to be more careful about keeping those wires off the exhaust. I still
     got about 45K miles out of the wires though. I need to get wire looms
     that fit the 8.5mm wire better. The OE looms are really too small and
     I kind of forced the issue by using them anyway. I think one popped
     out of the loom and touched the header causing this problem.

                        Rob