Multiport TBI...

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Mon Oct 26 1998 - 17:38:30 EST

   This reminds me of the old 1 downdraft carb per cylinder style of induction
system (Calliope Intake). I suppose, in theory, you could apply two, four or
eight TBI's to a v8 engine (you would have to have O2 sensors to match). This
would be totally optimized if you had 8 O2 sensors (one on each exhaust) and
either 1 super-computer to monitor all 8 sensors and adjust each TBI
individually or 8 computers each recieving the same input signal from the
drivers foot as well as engine inputs, but each getting the indvidual signal
from it's own independant O2 sensor. In this way each cylinder would be
burning at peak efficiency. A bizzare modification, and if I had oogles of
dollars to look into it, could be kinda interesting to see how "efficient" you
could make an engine. Food for thought... Maybe a government grant... ^_^

Shaun H.