Re: Pinging

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Tue Oct 27 1998 - 18:23:08 EST

> The MP PCM is a part of MP's Magnum R/T package, and everything in that
>package can be used without affecting your warranty, I believe. (I'm not
sure
>wether or not it has to be installed by the dealer; I suppose the warranty
>could be declared void due to an improper installation.)
>

> -Jon-

Jon -

This is exactly what I am digging into .

According to the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1975 , you cannot deny
warranty work or "void" a warranty just because it has aftermarket products
on it . If they do deny you coverage , they have to put in writing at the
time of the denial why they are denying the coverage and they must prove
that the aftermarket product caused a failure in the part you are
attempting to have warranty work done on .

For instance , if you go to a dealer with headers on to get the a/c fixed .
If they say that you are not entitled to the warranty repair , they are in
violation of the Magnuson Moss Act and that is a Federal Law overseen by
the Federal Trade Commision .
If however you go in with say , melted pistons or a cracked head , and you
had NOS on the truck , they probably could prove that the NOS caused the
failure and therefor would not cover the engine .

I am still talking with a lawyer about what his view is on the matter .

Wonder why these guys don't work for free ;) ?

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html