Re: How much USA content in a Dakota?

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 27 1998 - 22:49:45 EST

In a message dated 10/27/98 9:44:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Craig.Baltzer@Anjura.COM writes:

<< What has been said is
 that the St Therese plant where the cars are currently build doesn't
 have a product assigned after 2002-2003. The industry rags built that
 into "Camaro/Firebird are dead". I think its more likely the St Therese
 plant is dead... >>
Some of the GM designers that I know have verified there are no plans for
anything after 2002 for either car. Sales are at an all time low and the
profit has gone the way of the hemi! The mustang was the first and last pony
car Im afraid. Right now car companies are already working on cars for 2001.5
through 2004 so if they were going to be making them, they would know. Im not
surprised to see them go. The are actually a poor packaged vehicle. Very
disproportional. Just my opinion! (getting out the asbestos fire retardant
suit)
Eric