Re: paint question

From: Jim Dille (jdille@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 07:39:03 EST

Harold -
I've got a 93 in Electric Blue that started peeling when it was less
than 3 years old, and maybe 20K miles. We are the original owners.
After 4 years of phone calls, dealer visits, appraisals, and
ever-worsening paint, the truck was finally repainted this past
summer; mostly at Chrysler's expense.

Seems like the decision to pay any money for repainting rests with the
regional service rep. The one I'd been yelling at for all this time
moved on and the new guy was a lot more reasonable. The service
manager at the dealer was very sympathetic, too, and she fought hard
for me and a bunch of other customers. I got a decent deal, and they
restored my faith in American mfrs.

Good luck!
- Jim
  Cinci, OH

---Harold Poylio <poyleeoh@win.bright.net> wrote:

> I know it is an old topic, but how has Chrysler been about taking
care of
> paint peeling? I have a 94 Dak with the silver , and just a little
of the
> blue peeling off of it, I spoke with the service rep at the dealer,
he refered
> me to Chrysler, they refered me back, to make an appointment with
the district
> manager. Details being, I'm the second owner, and I have
114,500 miles on