Wheels ATTN: Gary

From: mike d. (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 17:05:01 EST

What size tires are you runnin?

-mike d.

>>> Gary Pinkley <gapinkley@earthlink.net> 10/25/98 01:58pm >>>
I run a +1.5 offset with an 8" wheel. That translates to a backspacing of
5
1/2".
I'm running a tire that has a section with of 10". This combination puts
the tire
perfectly even with the fenders, and looks great. I also am using a 17"
wheel.
If you stay with the 15" wheel, you might rub on the a-arm. You can do
several
things to fix this problem. 1) scallop the a-arm to clear the tire (not
recommended)
or 2) Adjust or make steering stops that won't allow the tire to turn as
far. You
will lose a little of your turning radius, but that's better than exploding
a tire.

Gary Pinkley
97 Reg Cab V-6 5 spd
lowered monochrome red