Automatic Trans

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Oct 28 1998 - 20:06:37 EST

Bob

I'm interested in the Transgo kit myself and am looking
for info. on it.

As for manual shifting an auto., I do it occasionally
while street driving with the '97 Dak. I manual shift
with the '70 Challenger slap-stik instead of doing
a kick-down when coming off a ramp onto the highway.

I also take the Dak off overdrive when approaching
a stop light or a curve on a ramp.

A friend quarter-miles his 4x4 Dak with manual shifts ...
just have to watch the redline. He runs the 1/4 with
overdrive off and then was switching to overdrive near the end
of the track because he thought it would give him more speed
but a Chrysler rep told him to avoid putting into
overdrive. The overdrive plate is held by only three
small bolts and would be stressed.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
tigers@bserv.com

Current: '97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3,55 auto., Gibson dual, K&N filter element.
          '85 Shelby Turbo Charger, 2.2L, manual.
          '70 Challenger, 383-4bbl, auto.
Past: '71 Road Runner, 340-4bbl, auto.
       '70 Duster 340, auto.