Re: 44RE, 46RE, 47RE

From: Vincent Heckathorn (victorylane@iwaynet.net)
Date: Thu Oct 29 1998 - 01:09:49 EST

Yes the 46 re will bolt up but make sure you get one for the same year so the
electrical connections will be the same. You may have a length problem, I think
the 46 is a little longer, but you can have the drive shaft shortened also the
out put shaft is larger on the 46 than the 44 so you will need a new yoak. You
shouldn't have a problem with the pcm either. The first gear in the 44's are
2.74 and the 46's are 2.54 ( i think ).
You don't want the 47. It is a very large heavy truck trany I think it is
called the A 640.
Look at my post on the Transgo valve body kit.

Colin H.