Re: BFG Sport Truck T/As

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Thu Oct 29 1998 - 14:48:18 EST

> Bob Tom wrote:
> >
> > Anyone running with BFGoodrich Sport Truck T/A HR4 tires?
> >
> > If so, are the improved traction and handling as
> > advertised?

Bob,

Having used the HR4's on my GMC Typhoon, I can't recommend them at all.
May be sticky, but they stink for overall quality, IMO. Meaning they are
not very round.

I had the truck in a couple different tire shops and a specialty wheel
shop trying to eliminate a vibration. Had to discover the hard way these
tires were ultimately the problem. After it was discovered I asked
around and heard from multiple sources that is not ucommon for the HR4's

I don't know what the hot choice would be for tires on the DAK. The
BFG's are not an option for me and Goodyears have absolutely horrible
mileage expectations for their performance tires. I'm thinking
Firestones/Bridgestones or maybe even some of the Michelons are worth a
look when it comes time for me to buy.

Bob