Message from Jeff at JBA

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 29 1998 - 16:18:41 EST

 DMLers,

  I got this message from Jeff at JBA today. I think Bruce
already posted most of this info already, but I figured I'd
forward it anyway, just in case.

Dear Dakota RT members,
My name is Jeff Bell from JBA Headers in San Diego California. I am
posting this to inform you that JBA Headers is looking to produce some
down/head pipes for the RT trucks. We have just recently finished
looking at Bruce Bridges 98 RT and Martin Tolentino's 99 and we feel
that we will be able to improve the performance over stock by replacing
the skimpy press bent pipes that are currently on the trucks with
Mandrel bent free flowing head pipes. What we learned from our testing
is that because of how the cat is configured on the trucks we are
limited on how large we can go on the pipes.
The trucks are set up with two pipes coming into a common cat. Without
changing the cat (which can only be done legally after 5 years or 50,000
miles) or cutting the face plate off and welding a new larger one on
(also illegal) the design is limited on size. We would like to produce
the pipes out of 2" mandrel bent 14ga. tubing that can be clamped onto
the front pipes on the cat after removal of old system. The pipes we are
looking to build will be direct replacements and bolt right up to the
factory manifolds or onto the Ramhorn headers that quite a few members
already have installed. The pipes will be offered in a standard
nickel/chrome finish for rust protection or an optional ceramic coating
for those of you who want the absolute best. We need your help though,
in order for us to go into production on these and develop all the
necessary tooling we will need an upfront commitment of at least 25 sets
of pipes. We have already determined that the pricing would be 150.00
for the nickel/chrome and 200.00 for the ceramic version. Once we have
orders for 25+ of the pipes with deposits up front than we can go right
into production on them. If everything goes right than we will be able
to ship the pipes in December to everyone. So if you are interested in
getting an early Christmas present for your Dodge RT please let us know.
You can direct all questions and orders to Joe Stone at 800-830-3377
x104 or email us jbell@jbaracing.com. Your time and attention in this
matter is appreciated. We here at JBA look forward to working with the
RT members again. Thanks.
Kindest Regards,

Jefferson J. Bell

                                               -Jon-