Re: How much USA content in a Dakota?

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Thu Oct 29 1998 - 17:05:31 EST

>according to my VIN decoding guide for Rams (11th digit), there are plants
>in:
>A = Auburn Hills
>F = Newark
>G = Saltillo (Mexico)
>J = St. Louis North
>K = Pillette
>M = Lago Alberto Assembly
>S = Dodge City
>
>My guess is that these are not all Ram plants...
>

>>Final assembly for my R/T is Warren Michigan .
>>
>>The Ram is done in Mexico .

In the '95 Dakota Service Manual it shows that if the 11th digit is:

S = Dodge City Assembly
T = Toledo Assembly

These were the only two codes mentioned in the service manual found on page
"Intro - page 2". Does anyone have a service manual for the '98's? If so,
do you know what the 11th codes says for them? My '98 says right on the
door sticker that it was assembled in Warren but I don't have my VIN number
handy to check on that 11th code.

Both Jason's '95 and my old '95 were assembled in the same plant, his the
U.S. version and mine, the Canadian version (block heater and day time
running lights). Looks like our trucks met each other before Jason and I
did. ;)

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd