Re: group install and Data logging

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 29 1998 - 18:24:18 EST

At 01:51 PM 10/29/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Bruce and DML,
> No, I had to go. I was on my lunch break. A group install
>would be cool.
>I've been looking at carcomp OBDII software. It looks handy as far as
>tuning i.e. monitoring timing ect.... has anyone tried this yet? I'm
>looking for a 486 laptop. Sam any connections locally??

   I recently purchased a similar product from EASE Simulation, Inc.
called the OBD-II scan tool. Its about the same price as the Carcomp
unit, and appears to be able to do a lot more. Ease has some web
pages comparing the features and stuff. I've never used the Carcomp
stuff, so I can't compare them, but you might want to check out EASE.

  http://www.easesim.com/

  Its definitely very cool for being able to get "behind the scenes" and
see what's going on. I've been using it recently to keep an eye on
the A/F ratio while testing Frank's Stage II throttle body. (While it
doesn't give an exact A/F ratio, it does allow you to view the O2 sensor
output.)

  The biggest problem (as I see it) with the program is that you can't
record data to disk for playback later in the "personal" version.
However, the software is fully upgradeable, and for $200 more, I would
have that capability, along with some other additional capabilities. I
just might do that...

  Anyway, check out their web site, they've got screen shots for every
screen and its very descriptive.

                                               -Jon-