Exhaust Please Help -Reply

From: mike d. (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 29 1998 - 19:30:13 EST

I don't have a 318, but I'll try to help the best I can =)
The difference in flow between the brands is marginal, so whatever
brand you go with is gonna' get you ABOUT the same gains. The most
popular are Flowmaster, Borla, Gibson, and Dynomax. As far as price,
the least expensive is Dynomax, then Flowmaster, then Gibson, followed
by Borla. You can keep your Cat converter if you buy a Cat-back from
the above brands (although I'm not sure if Flowmaster makes a cat-back
kit for 97+ daks yet). Most of the companies offer a single or dual exit
from the muffler, which will give you the duals look. If you want true
duals you have to go with two cats and stuff. I thought about true duals
but I'm gonna' stick with what I've got for now. I would get the Gibson
personally. It seems to be the most complete kit and is available stainless.
It's a little over 300 bones if I remember correctly, but according to most
people on the list, its worth it! Hopethis helps =)

-mike d.

>>> <BlKV8Dkota@aol.com> 10/29/98 06:18am >>>
Could Sombody please recommend a good exhaust set up that will give
the best
power for a 98 318 automatic. Except Headers, Best Brands dual or
single cat
or no new cat please help me.

Josh