Re: timing chain

From: Michael DuBose (mdubose@vt.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 00:09:22 EST

Is yours a 3.9?? While I was working with my dad at a Chrysler Dodge dealership
this summer we had 5 3.9's (Ram and Daks) come in with broken timming chains.
Chrysler said that they were having a prob with timing chains but they havn't issued
a TSB but the new timming chains are different that the old ones.

davidferraro@usa.net wrote:

> Has anyone heard of a timing chain going after 59000 miles!!!
> That's what the Dodge dealer said? They said that there is a bracket
> for the timing chain on 94 Dakota. They said it would cost $500 to
> change it plus the price of the bracket but I got a friend to change it
> for $200. Anyone with a 94 with timing chain trouble???
> Thanks
> 94 Dak

> (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
> (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
> /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
> / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
> * ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
> ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
> Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)

Michael D.

Wants a 99R/T RC Got a 84 Chrysler LaserXE