Re: Re[2]: Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can I ride?

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 17:39:59 EST

> Note: A 10% discount is still a rip off. You could do better with
> the current exchange rate. Get your mony changed over and you're much
> better off.

TODAY, yes... but here is the exchange rate for the period that I was
driving through Canada on the trip in question...
07/05/89 1.1915
07/06/89 1.1919
07/07/89 1.1910

These are according to archives at the federal reserve bank of Chicago....

so in a perfect world, they should have been giving me a 16% discount
(1/1.19=.84 $US for 1 $CN) for that trip... but these guys were perfectly
willing to make a little on the deal....but I don't think it was a "rip
off"... today the rate is more like 1.54... so now 10% would be a real rip
off...

Gary Shook