Re: Thank you DML & speakers?...

From: binary/IIRG (binary@shoelace.digivill.net)
Date: Sat Oct 31 1998 - 19:16:22 EST

> And lastly has anyone installed 6x9's in their extended cab Dak, either to
> replace their rear speakers or in custom boxes? I'm sort of tired of de' boom
> and have decided to downgrade my system so I can use the stock cabinet that's
> under the bench seat in the back.

I have a CC Dak and I installed a 8" woofer in the compartment under the
1/2 bench seat on the drivers side.. i just took the door off and cut a
pice of plywood the exact same size put some grey carpet on it and mounted
a small amp in the compartment next to the 8", and routed the wires up
thru a slot in the board so i didn't have to dill any holes except in the
firewall for the amp power.. it works really well and i'm not giving
up any space for a regular box though it would be louder if there were
more airspace..

94 CC 3.9 4x4 5spd