Re: Cap and Rotor Questions

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 16:49:26 EST

> A few quick questions, when should these be replaced? How can I tell if
> mine needs replacing?

Usually when they are so heavily worn, there's a serious spacing problem
between rotor and cap contacts. Cleaning no longer aids the spark
transfer.
They are not that expensive, I just replace mine when the contacts look
worn.

> Why go w/ a good one? Are we talking performance, or just general
> quality?

Brass is a superior conductor for contacts than aluminum. Electron
flow old boy!! Watch out and don't get the wires crossed!!

GS -

On second thought Robert....take it to a shop =o)