RE: Mopar perf air cleaners..Breathing easier (was Air Inlet )

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 11:14:00 EST

DML,
To add to the Air cleaner options, I tried out my Mopar Performance 14X3 air
cleaner from my 72 cuda on the 98 Dakota. It fit great and the radiator
hose wasnt much of a problem since the Mopar cleaner can is shrouded around
the perimeter so the hose rests against some smooth painted steel instead of
the element. Didnt seem to give any seat of the pants improvements over
what I was already running (ram air inlet to stock box w/K&N drop in), but
it sounded good ( it had a whistle at low speed though). Mopar "claims"
that their inlet system flows better than "most aftermarket designs". But I
can claim that the black wrinkle finish looked very stock and very nice
under the Dak hood. Not sure If Im going to go that way, but its another
option. Mopar performance P/N P4529001 (black) or P/N P4529025
(Chrome)...You can use the Mopar "I.D. tins" (360 magnum available) on these
air cleaner assemblies too for that "vintage" look.
BKB