Re: Computer Chip

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Nov 02 1998 - 10:05:32 EST

At 09:41 AM 11/1/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello all, Is there a web site where I can read about changing the
>computer chip.

Chrysler products do not have a changeable "chip" . You have to change the
whole computer under the hood (unless you opt for something like a JET
module or something) .

Will it void my warrentee?

Legally , according to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 , no .

But before you rely on that , read up on it and consult a lawyer .

Most dealers will tell you that if you do anything to the vehicle without
having them do it and without using factory parts , that it will , but I
debate that .

Is the performance gain
>worth it?

If you can get a Mopar Performance SBEC , yep .

How much?

I'm not sure on the Mopar SBEC , aren't they unser $300 guys/gals ?

Jack Hilton

HEMI@charter.net