RE: Y-Pipe?

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Nov 03 1998 - 16:28:47 EST

Alan,
If you are referring to JBA Ys and etc. they havnt actually left any of the
proto sets installed. It appears that they were late getting things
designed for the "big show" in Las vegas So they made one set of what they
could, plated them and took them to the show. The headpipes protoed on my
R/T were out at the platers the day I got my truck back (with the stock
headpipes)... As for performance gains, its a hard thing to tell. they only
have an engine dyno @ JBA so no chassis work. I plan on getting some before
and after #s if I can, but their R&D guy definitly expects some gains for
the R/T (10 hp??) and more for the Y pipers out there. I Was under my truck
last night,staring at the non mandrel crimps in the headpipes, and it looks
like gains are on the way.
BKB