[Fwd: Re: [Fwd: 318/360]]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 16:41:43 EST

This whole thing started because 318 Dakotas are turning as fast or
faster times than my R/T. My truck gets a lot of attention from the cars
you mention and loses more regularly than I'd like. I admit it's just a
truck. But one with a reputation to uphold. It's frustrating being
beaten by Impala SS and Z-28 and Nissan 300zx and 318 Dakotas.I do well
to about 2nd gear when the thing just seems to play out. Tremendous
burst of speed, then......Alan s.

attached mail follows:

Woefully underpowered??? Come on dude, no camaro, mustang or anything
else went much faster than that stock all through the '80s. Even the big
road runners and stuff were only like low 14's stock. Dont get me wrong,
I had rather have a classic mopar, but dont be all woefull. R/T's kick
butt. (almost as much as SS/T's !)

Bill
'97 SS/T