Re: Plug Wire Looms (info needed)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 15:39:54 EST

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Mike Burgess wrote:

> Well, I'm sort of stuck, trying to get a Jacobs Inig system and
> their FAT wires into the truck, and got their wire spreaders, but
> still no good way to attach the bundle of wires to the block like
> the old ones were attached. I have the coated JBA headers on, so
> I don't feel too bad about heat from the pipes, but still wanting
> to keep them nicely harnessed up.
> Any suggestions (that don't involve nylon cable ties / zip ties)?

   When I installed my MSD wires, I had the same problem. The
wires fit in the stock loom, but I was afraid they'd pop out. I
went to Parts America and bought a Mr. Gasket wire loom. It works
great and it was only $8.99. The Part number is 9880. I want
to put something a little nicer on there eventually, but this works
fine for now.

  By the way, the heat from the JBAs will actually be a lot hotter
than from the stock manifolds, so the risk of burning a wire is even
greater with the JBAs.

                                              -Jon-