HELP '88 Auto Problems -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 17:46:57 EST

Dude, I feel your pain. I'll say it's the speed sensor. My Dak did that a
couple years ago (my 88) and I rushed it to the dealer and the stuck a
speed sensor on and it was good as new. The same thing happened
again later, and it turned out that the elctrical connections to my Tranny
were so caked up with Spank Grime that the Speed sensor wasn't
sending andinfo to the computer. Got that fixed also. As far as codes, go
out to the Dak and try the on-off-on-off-on thing again and wait for a few
seconds. Always works for me =)

-mike d.

>>> <Clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu> 11/04/98 07:58pm >>>
HELP,

My dak will not shift into OD. for the past two weeks i have been
adjusting linkages and the such and nothing will work. My haynes
manual
gives a list of codes, one of which could be the problem but when i turn
the key from on-off-on-off-on nothing happens. How can i pull the
codes
from this truck, do i need a special tool? also the haynes manual tells of
a plate riveted to the pass side floorpan that will inform me of what model
tranny i have but it is not there. I am looking for a shift kit for my
truck andi know MP has one for the A500 tranny which i think i have. the
tranny was completely rebuilt about 18 mo. and 25,000 mi so i don't think
that is the problem. Does anyone have any ideas of what i can check or
how
i can at least figure out what trnny i have?

My V.I.N. is 1B7GN14X1JS730874

Thanks,
Chris