Re: Header wrap

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sat Nov 07 1998 - 02:11:26 EST

I have the DT headers on my '95. Only problems since 55,000 miles
(I'm at 96200 now) is a dead battery (was the original OEM battery).

You do get a bit of heat under the hood, but I am running on my 2nd
set of wires (change the wires every 20k), and that's about it. The cool
down from DT headers is about 30 minutes. That's right, in about 30
minutes you should be able to touch them. Stock manifolds will hold
heat for 2-3 hours at least.

The wraps / and unfortunately--coating the headers voids the
lifetime warranty from DT. Mine have turned blue/charcoal, but still
have a bit of dull chrome to them. It wasn't for show, only go.

Sam '95 SLT