Cecil County Dragway...Damn fun! -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 09 1998 - 17:36:05 EST

Yeah... I can't say enough how much fun it was to be there. even if I
hadn't raced it would've been fun, but you can't go to a drag strip and not
race =) I didn't spank anyone, but I did get a base line for how bad my
truck is broken. Something GOT to be wrong with it! Anyway, had a
blast! Congrats to Rich and Shane who ran there best times ever!! We
GOTTA do that again!!!

=)

-mike d.

>>> <Boog318@aol.com> 11/07/98 09:52pm >>>
Hey everyone,
I guess I'm the first to post on the meet. Only five showed. Scott Miller,
Shane (Mori4), Mike Sykes, Rich (Chevold), and I. Mike and I showed up
around twelve. Everyone else was already there. We pulled up and got
ready
to go. We cleared our comps. and took some air out of the rear tires.
Then
we all went up an got in line. There was quite a crowd there, I only got
three runs in over 4 hrs. Scott and Shane were running against each
other for
a few runs, Rich and I ran two runs together. Mike ran against an Omni
and
then I was gonna race him, but Rich got the honors. :0). Mike, I know you
can
do better than you did (14.07...hehe) seriously you should be running
better.
I raced Shane on the last run, my worst. We all had a great time though.
We
stayed around for almost an hour after the track closed. We were the
last to
leave.
Well here are my runs; the first two against Rich and the last against
Shane.
On the second and third run I had my FIPK off. Third run, I royaly
screwed
up...well I think I did.:0): ( I am only posting my runs since others will be
posted later)
The temp on the time tickets say 59-57, but they were definentely off,
more
like 49-47 degrees.

                1st 2nd 3rd
R/T .846 .954 .873
60 2.381 2.326 2.435
330 6.602 6.517 6.656
1/8 10.080 9.950 10.117
MPH 71.10 72.00 71.28
1000 13.041 12.882 13.129
1/4 15.543 15.365 15.668
MPH 89.73 90.44 88.75

I lost all three times, whaddya expect...a 4x4 vs an R/T... I wish I had a
sure-grip. THis LSD 3.55 is tricky, esp when there is so much rubber on
the
track already.
Jon, I'll send you some pics, some for the "New DML Event Pics Page"
and a
couple for the DragTruk page.

Boog
92 318/518 4x4......