Re: Torsion Bars?

From: Walter_Felix (Walter_Felix@email.msn.com)
Date: Mon Nov 09 1998 - 18:03:20 EST

The CV axles are lighter duty than the 91+ models, they almost look like
left over Daytona parts. Despite the difference in the diameter in the
shafts, the boots are fairly similar. I have observed that the boots don't
hold up as well after cranking the torsion bars. If the boot gets punctured
or rips, you can get dirt and moisture in there, increasing the wear that
much more. As far as the front suspension goes, the ball joints, upper
control arms, knuckles, and bearings are the same 87-96. In fact, with
exception to the lower control arm and sway bar, I have the same front
suspension as a 92 including the torsion bars. The CV axles changed the
same time the Mag V8s became available. Probably because of the additional
weight and torque. The 88½-90 Sports are equipped with V6s.

PS. The reason I put 88½ is because the Sport package wasn't available
until May of 88. It was an end of model year introduction.

Walter Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4
WWW.GeoCities.Com/~Walter_Felix