Re: Trans cooler Attn: Russ

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 06:21:34 EST

Morning Russ,

The lines you see going from the Transmission to the Radiator are
the I/O lines to a small tank at the bottom of the Radiator for cooling
the transmission oil. That may be adequate for normal street driving
but any kind of performance driving, 4-Wheeling, towing or Transmission
modifications would benefit from much larger trans cooler. My transmission
is custom built TranGo and the technicians blocked off the bottom of the
Radiator. Now the Radiator cools the engine only and the transmission
cooling lines run to a Hayden 12,000# Cooler installed behind the grill.
This setup works extremely well for both the engine and transmission.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan