4x4 problems

From: Barkeep44@email.com
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 11:39:42 EST

I have a '93 Dakota, 4x4, 3.9L that has had a minor transfercase leak for some time,
(I would just top it off on oil changes - a few ounces) now it is leaking a lot worse. It seems
to be leaking from where the rear part of the case is attached to the main body of the case.
Also, it has just developed some major noise from the right front in four wheel drive only.
I suspect the inner cv joint. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? How much should
I expect to pay for repairs? The truck has 90,000 miles and has been used mainly as basic
transportation with 4x4 used for winter weather (SW VA.), very light farm work. No major
off road use. The truck is a club cab, copper metallic 5 speed and has been a good truck.
         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)