Cecil.... and beyond

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 08 1998 - 22:38:02 EST

Well, ran my dak for the first time this weekend at Cecil. I have to say, I
had so much fun!!!! Even though there wasn't really competition, I still
found myself rootin' for everyone to get their best times. And they did!
Shane rocked the house with 14.3's and Rich was haulin' ass as well
with high 14 sec passes! Both were naturally aspirated R/T's! Boog ran
well also! he was turnin' 15's all day =) I ran pretty bad, but my R/T's
were horrible and I got tons of spinage. I'm not gonna' list any times cuz' I
would never live em' down =) but I can say that I could do better. I tried a
few things as far as Tire pressure and stuff (Boog! I still have your
guage!!!!) which helped a little, the weird thing is, I rab 14.07 once.... wish
it was really my time! The timing stuff at the track was messed up. As far
as the turnout, I would say everything went really well. I met Scott Miller,
Rich, Shane, Boog, and this dude Tom who was runnin' 14.3's in his pre
97' dakota Naturally Aspirated!! Someday, I will run 14... hehehehehe I
had a blast guys... we should do it again!!!
Spring DML cookout, here I come!!!!

-mike d.