Re: better times was Re: Introduction

From: Rob Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 14:22:44 EST

>Service manual says that if you did the washing and waxing yourself
>then there are performance gains to be realized because of your
>weight loss that results from the washing and waxing.

>If you did not do the wash/wax yourself, then the fumes from the
>wax affects all emission controls making them temporarily
>inoperative.

>Now you know why my Dak is always washed and waxed.

>Bob
>Burlington, Ontario

Along those lines, some other speed tips.

1. wash all the mud off the underside of the truck and wax...you may have
to diet first to fit underneath. Don't forget inside the skid pans (4x4).

2. polish the inside of the exhaust pipe ... get rid of that soot buildup.

3. wax the inside of the engine compartment...better cooling and air movement.

4. hire an out of work jockey to drive it for you.

Rob