TB Update (#2)

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 10:51:50 EST

Moved the idle adjustment screw... Idle is still the same, and
the sticking is gone. That did the trick (only 1.5 turns needed).

I went to Ed Hanson's Muffler yesterday, and my CAT was dead...
broken apart inside... When they cut it off, pieces fell out!!

Installed a Car Sound Hi-Flow CAT, 3" In, 3" Out... Plus replaced
the last of the stock exhaust between the front of the CAT and the
flange of the Doug Thorley Y-Pipe Flange.... Total cost $200.11

Sound difference, holly COW!!! Look out Dale Earnhart! Here I
come! The exhaust is a bit louder, and a LOT DEEPER in sound.
Anything above 3000 rpm sounds like a high speed pass. The TB
worked even better (might have had a plugged exhaust before I
came in), and now with the noticable HP increase, I can say
that a Hi-Flo CAT is the way to go. I have 99640 miles on my
truck, so I am definately past the 50k mark (the mileage you must pass
before messing with the CAT per EPA/CARB).

Still with the TB sticking resolved, the throttle is still
VERY touchy-- OH DARN!-- But very manageable... Heck, if I'd
drive 'normal' speeds for a bit I'd probably find that I am
getting GREAT gas mileage. For people that have ridden a two-
stoke motorcycle-- from about 2500-3500 the truck 'gets on the
pipe', and pulls all the way to 5k.... You know what I am talking about
I hope :P

Yesterday in the light rain we had, I was accelerating past
60 mph in 3rd, and started to spin the tires...WOW! I've had
that happen at 40 mph before, but not at 60! Again, the TB has made
noticable gains in HP... I had better hit the DYNO this weekend
and get a reading!

Sam '95 SLT