[Fwd: Good and Bad news!]

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 11:19:31 EST

Hey, don't even mess with the water pump or alternator. Just underdrive
the crank and you'll get most of the hp that the full setup would
provide with none of the bad side affects like alt undercharge at idle
and higher idle temps. Alan s.

attached mail follows:

Hi everyone,

Got some bad news for you Magnum engine owners out there, I was going to install underdrive pulleys on my truck but when I checked the stock pulleys I noticed something weird with the waterpump pulley. Had no bolts that holds the pulley against the pump????????
So I went to parts to check it out, if you have a late 98 or 99 5.2 or 5.9 engine the pulley are NOT removable from waterpump. I don't know about the V6's.
I'm going to check out if I can put a waterpump from a earlier model on my engine, so I can change the pulleys. That sucks, Chrysler are doing everything harder for us to get some more power out of our trucks.
Good news are for me, I already got a 97 used intake manifold for free and yesterday I got a V8 stock TB for $20. I'm collecting parts so I can play with them, like porting and other stuff, hehehehe. I really pays to work as a technician at a dodge dealer.

C YA later
Swede/