Re: Re:Lowered R/T?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 17:48:15 EST

> Dodge advertises the R/T as being lowered 1" from a regular Dakota.
Anybody know
> the overall tire diameters on other wheel tire packages available. The
R/T is
> 28.0 inches. Maybe this accounts for the height equality?
>Ryan K
>'99 R/T RC

> When I traded my 98 dak sport V8 on my 99 R/T they were parked side by
side in
> the dealers shop and we measured the height of both. Guess what? NO
DIFFERENCE
> AT ALL!!!!!!!!!
> Jim in Waco

Sport Truck mag. lists both the '97 Sport CC and the '98 RC R/T
at an overall height of 65.6".

The P215/75x15s on the '97 are about 27.5" in diameter and
the P255/60Rx17s on the R/T are about 29".

It seems that the R/T is lowered by about an inch or so.
The literature is vague as to what they did to 'optimally fine
tune' the R/T suspension.

My guess is that they replaced the front coils with a shorter
heavy-duty coil, de-arched the leafs a bit, put in 'lowered'
gas shocks and front/rear stabilizer bars and tinkered with
the suspension geometry.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 auto., flame red
  Gibson duals, KN drop-in
  Coloured-keyed grille guard, running boards
      and hard tonneau cover
  Deflectors, grille insert
  AR-211 15x7 rims (4.75" backspace)