Re: BIG PROBLEM!!!

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 21:11:56 EST

White smoke coming out of the tailpipe is from the rings going bad . This
would make some of the oil loss more understandable . If the rings were
going bad , you would also be allowing the compression to bypass the piston
and pressurize the crankcase , thereby making the oil spit out of the
crankcase breather . This is commonly known as "blow-by" .

At any rate , it sounds like yuo are in dyer need of an engine rebuild .

At 05:36 PM 11/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>okay ya'll, new problem.... this one is a biggie, so any help you guys can
>give me would be greatly appreciated. I have an oil leak. It drips down
>onto the oil pan or maybe it is the oil pan... I dunno, but I've been
losing a
>lot of oil. Got my oil changed last SUnday and I just added 1.5 quarts
>today! I thought "man that must be a huge oil leak" Well, it's more than a
>leak. I discovered oil around my Crankcase breather today (actually,
>around where the breather goes into the valve cover) and there is oil ON
>my Crankcase breather, also there is a small amount of white smoke
>coming out of my tail pipes when I give it ANY gas. AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!
>There seems to be oil everywhere! I wiped down all the spots where
>there was "fresh" oil, and I'm gonna' take it out to see if I get oil on
these
>areas again. I love my Dak, but it's really startin' to have problems.
>

>-mike d.

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net