Re: Questions??

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 10:59:58 EST

At 10:31 AM 11/13/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>I have a couple of questions. I am new to Dakotas. I just purchased a 1998
>Dakota SLT with a 318.
>
>1. Has any one used under drive pulleys? If so, how good are they? Do
>they have any problems?

To my knowledge , MARCH doesn't yet make a set for the 97+ Daks .
Apparently , Chryco changed the diameter of the pulleys in 97 .

One of hte drawbacks of these pulleys is that since they tend to change the
diameter of the pulleys , that for some people, they may make the
alternator not charge enough , or the water pump to not cool enough in
certain situations .

>2. My Dak has a automatic tranny and I was wonder what model or type is
>it?

Your tranny is a 44RE . The 44 is for the size (?) , the "R" is for Rear
Wheel Drive , and the "E" is for Electronically Controlled .

By comparison , the R/T with the 360 has a 46RE .

I wish Jack Hilton's had a 6-Speed with a pistol grip . :)

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html