wheels (reply to Geoffrey)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 09:34:12 EST

The AR-211 was introduced as a 1997 model.

When I went looking for rims in Feb. '98,
I found out that AR discontinued them at
the end of '97. I was lucky enough to find
a tire dealer whose distributor said that he had
the last set in Canada.

I don't have a scanner but if you wan't to e-mail
your address to me privately, I'll mail you a
Polaroid.

The AR-211 is a 2-piece alloy, clear coated rim.
It has 5 fairly large, rounded triangular-shaped
cutouts around the rim. The border around each
cutout is painted black. The center cap insert is flush
to the rim and is black with the 'AR" insignia
on it in silver.

There was a twin, fully polished model, AR-511
(no black) ... don't know if this was discontinued
or not.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 auto., flame red
  Gibson duals, KN drop-in
  Coloured-keyed grille guard, running boards
      and hard tonneau cover
  Deflectors, grille insert
  AR-211 15x7 rims (4.75" backspace)