RE: Farewell Chrysler

From: Rhyner, Mark (RhynerM@emh1.hqisec.army.mil)
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 11:19:50 EST

Norah writes:

But it doesn't stop there. The Leonid Meteor Shower is scheduled for
the same day as well. As both Jason and I are astronomy buff as well,
this is significant to us. This shower is supposed to be the most
intense ever and is labelled a "storm" instead of a shower. Apparently
the US military is a little concerned about their satellites and how
many will be damaged or destroyed.
Yes, we are concerned about our satellite constellations but we certainly
aren't the only ones.

I watch Much music frequently on my C-band dish along with all the other C/K
band birds in geosynchronous orbit. Also, cellular/wireless phone systems
and other satellite comm companies will be watching with some trepidation.

Mark Rhyner