Re: Farewell Chrysler

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 13:06:34 EST

All this talk about the "end of MoPar" and how the 4.7 won't be worth a
crap , I would be willing to bet that alot of people were saying the same
things when the Magnum series was announced . I bet that even more people
said similar things when the OBDII system was implemented . And I bet if
you look way back to when Chrysler was "Reborn" in about 1980 or 1981 ,
that many people thought that Chrysler would never live in it's former
glory again .

My point here is that no matter what happens , no matter what changes are
made , that this company has survived the worst of the worst .

When you guys all heard that Chrysler was near bankruptcy in the late
seventies , didn't you think "Man, Chrysler will be no more!" ?

I am quite sure that no matter how bad the 4.7 may seem even before *anyone
has even driven one* , that the modding will go on , the fun will go on ,
and Chrysler (with their new partner Diamler-Benz) will go on .

Personally , I think that the merger will help Chrysler , especially in hte
QC areas . I think that you wil see fit and finish , QC , and safety
progress rapidly forward as a result .

Hell , maybe the Germans will even try to get back into the Pony Car race ,
they do have a few rear wheel drive cars left , unlike Chrysler.....

Just my opinion .

At 10:28 AM 11/13/1998 -0600, you wrote:

>----------
>> From: N2mopars@aol.com
>> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>> Subject: Re: DML: Farewell Chrysler
>> Date: Friday, November 13, 1998 10:05 AM
>>
>> In a message dated 98-11-13 08:41:59 EST, you write:
>>
>> << Good luck w/ the new company Eric. I wish I could share your
>entusiasim,
>> but I
>> just feel like its the beginning of the end for Mopar.
>>
>> Gene
>
>> So do i!
>>
>> Brad
>
>if in doubt... think 4.7L
>
>jam'n

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html