Re: 6/8cyl great debate

From: Michael Fleigle (fleigle@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 16:04:15 EST

----Original Message Follows----
At 02:41 PM 11/13/98 EST, you wrote:
>Just to throw in my $.02 for the seemingly ongoing 6/8cyl war. On the
>way to the tire store I got the notion to use up the remaining tread.
>One (1st gear only) 75ft black mark through an intersection, across two
>lanes, stopping traffic. WOOOO!!!! what fun.
>
>Next came the 5 lane highway 2 miles from the tire store. From a dead
>stop, peeling out for about 120ft (again using 1st gear) looooong purty
>black snake from under the tires. Although I don't condone such
>childish stunts on the public highway, I do advise them for stress
>relief. I will enjoy seeing those two burnouts on my way to and from
>work everyday, and shall say to myself '' self, I'm glad you didn't
get
>the little 6 cyl.'' :)
>
>Now that I yanked many chains, I expect to hear from each and every
>6cyl. Dakota owner on the list :) :) :) :)
>

>Jon Smith
>95 CC SLT 4x4x318
>ICQ# 9720504

I have a V-6 and with my old tires I was only able to get a burn out of
one 74 feet in first gear. With my new tires and in first gear only I
was only able to get about 119 feet. With a V-8 I might have been able
to get that extra foot, damn......

Fleg
93 Dodge Dakota
69 Baja Bug "The Mystery Machine"