catalytic converter

From: BlKV8Dkota@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 19:02:48 EST

I am looking to purchasing a new cat back system. I want to install it
myself. I have been hearing that they are all direct bolt ons. but as I was
locking at my cat I noticed there is a pipe welded onto the cat and bolted
directly onto the muffler. Now do most Dakota cat back systems bolt in this
way directly to this pipe that is welded onto the cat or do the use a head
pipe, Meaning that I would have to cut the pipe out? I guess my question is
will I have to do any cutting of the exhaust? And if I do is it hard and what
would I use to do it a hack saw? Another question is how do I disconnect the
stock hangers? Cut them off two or what? Please help? I am looking at
Pacesetters dual cat back or gibsons dual cat back porbaly pacesetters though
because there's come with tips already welded on.

Josh