Re:Maybe An Air Cleaner For Heather; was: Gas Mileage or lack of...

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 20:57:46 EST

----------
yo heather...

what you may need is...

you may need a little bit more air flow to better atomize your a/f ratio...
more btu's from less fuel... i don't know why the guys didn't tell you that
 ;-) ... they all (or most) know that!... call K&N at 1-800-858-3333 and
get the correct K&N stock replacement part # drop-in air filter for your
truck. Then email me, if you have an inkling..., with your "ship to:"
address... and magnum performance will send you one... yes, "on the
house..." and then you can tell us all about installing it and if it helped
at all with your performance, mpg etc... i run a small drop-in in a van we
have and it helped some... noticeable... but not like a cam or something...
we call it a "clean-up call" to throttle response... if they don't offer a
99 part number (they can be slow) then ask for technical and get the dems
on the 97/98s and then measure your's. i should know but we don't get many
4-cyl inquiries... you can call your dodge dealer and ck part number for
the replacement factory filter from 97 - 99... i bet it is the same #...
that would further confirm it. share with us your 4-cyl adventures so that
future dml'rs with 4-cyl may use as reference... we know that 4-cyl can run
VERY fast... the imports are seeing 11's and 10's...

well, hey... ;-) what the heck... it is the least i can do for the dml....
and sorry guys.... "NO!"

you can't have the free K&N if heather can't find a suitable part number...
:)

jam'n