RE: Dak's in New Jersey

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 21:12:51 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net] On Behalf Of Bob Nichols
Sent: Friday, November 13, 1998 7:33 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: Re: DML: Dak's in New Jersey

Popovich, Greg, BMG-NY1540 wrote:

> Cool beans! Yes I've seen your truck a couple of times cruising around
> town ever spank the riceboys from the southern end of town or
> Linden??hehehehehe)!

  GREG, NO NEVER SEEN ANY OF THE RICE BOYS!

These dweebs hangout over by Irving St. They like to parade thru downtown
sometimes. I think the only thing fast their cars is the risetime from their
amp outputs. It was definitely funny blowing past them when I had my Shadow,
even more fun with the Dak!

  I live on the corner of Milton and Bryant (Eggers Insurance is owned
  by my SO).

  NOT SURE WHERE WHERE MILTON AND EGGERS IS. I'LL LOOK FOR IT. I WAS IN
  LINDEN TODAY.

Let's see.... If you follow East Grand to St Georges hang a left until you
see the Subway on the left that is the end of Milton Ave, I'm about 4-5
blocks in.

  I used to live in Greenwood Lake many
> years ago (behind the American Legion on the northern end of town). I
work in NYC for BMG Music so I take the train into the City.
  Bayonne?

  SMALL WORLD HUH. HOW OLD ARE YOU? SPEND ANY TIME IN THE NIGHT OWL?

Ahh.. 35.. Night Owl? Didn't that place burn down??? I was in the place a
couple of times... This was back in the mid 80's...

> Damm! that is some commute!! That is close to 2 hours during rush
hour.

  TAKES ME 1HR 15MIN 23/287/24/78/TPK, BUT I RARELY GO TO THE OFFICE
  1X AWEEK, IF THERE LUCKY.

Either I drive like an old lady or your using rocket fuel..... ;-)

  I'd like to setup a meet at the Stewarts Drive-In on St George's.

  COUNT ME IN, I KNOW WHERE IT IS. LET ME KNOW WHEN

Sure thing... Gotta hook with some of the other Dak owners in the area.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd