V-6 auto to manual

From: Chris (Clam9892@postoffice.uri.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 15 1998 - 16:49:04 EST

Ok guys here' the story, this guy in a little toyota tried to run me at a
light, and well let's just say i had him... then my A-500 went to shift
into second, won't shift. I backed off the gas to get it to shift. No
shift, this time no gears at all so i coasted to the side of the road and
checked the obvious, fluid was good, right level and all... now what? the
truck is at the garage to be checked. The tranny was comepletely rebuilt
25,000 mi ago and now this. i think that this auto isn't made for my
driving style/ horsepower demands. My qustion: what is involed in
switching out the auto in my 88 dak in favor of a 5, maybe 6speed standard
tranny? also prices if anyone has any idea about the financhial burden.

Thanks,
Chris