Re: BUMP STEER

From: Gary Pinkley (gapinkley@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 15 1998 - 21:46:35 EST

Please, no flaming emails about me selling stuff.

Bob, I'd have to recommend mine. I work for Hotchkis Performance
in Santa Fe Springs, CA. All of our products are designed for the enthusiastic
driver in mind. We take cars and trucks to the next level of performance,
giving excellent handling, while still remaining practical. Unfortunately my
springs won't be ready to sell till the end of the year. I have to finish up the
ride tuning on several different Dak configs, before I'll give the okay to my
suppliers to make a production run of parts. I'm making a new rear leaf spring
instead of hangers. The spring is considered a 'Sport' spring. I've slightly
softened the rear ride spring rate over the factory so you don't get too 'choppy' a ride.
I've incorporated an overload leaf into the spring so you can still haul stuff like
motorcycles, but if you haul tons of gravel or roofing shingles, this probably
isn't the spring for you. We spend a lot of time testing our products to make
sure the performance is up to our standards. We test our suspension
on a 600 ft slalom and a 200 ft. skidpad to give real numbers to the performance
gains they provide. We also try our best to give the best combination of real world
usability and performance.

I'm also having prototypes made of a new tie rod end that will help correct bump steer.
It will have a longer stud that lowers the ball joint helping to return the bump steer
characteristics close to stock. It will require the use of 17" or larger wheels, due
to the spindle design. I don't have firm plans to build these yet, but I will know once
the cost and performance have been evaluated.

Hotchkis Performance will also be offering a sport ANTI-SWAY bar package for the
2WD and 4WD current gen Daks and Durangos. They will offer substantial
improvements in handling and reduction of body roll over the stock sway bars.

Email me or call me at work 562-907-7757 with any questions regarding our
new products. Okay, I'll put the megaphone down now.

Gary Pinkley
97 Reg Cab V-6 5 spd
lowered monochrome red
255/50-17 BFG Comp T/A ZR4
Budnik 17x8 wheels
Bob Nichols (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 19:55:03 -0500

Gary, Whos spring would be the best choice for a 2" drop in the front?
And whos hangers for the rear?

Bob