dakota-truck@buffnet.net -Reply

From: miggitymiggitymike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 15 1998 - 22:11:00 EST

>>>ome more thoughts .... now that the weather is cooling, water vapour

from the exhaust (white colour) is normal. This comes from the air
that your engine uses. You will get a wet spot where it blows on the
ground and drips from the drain hole in the back of the muffler.
Does the liquid in the exhaust smell like anti-freeze?<<<<

Yeah... I've been waiting for the "winter smoke screen" to go away,
that's how I realized it was smoke. The vapor will dssipate after a couple
of seconds, but the smoke will continue to hold otgether and float away.
I'm gonna' assume it's a stuck PCV because of the frsh oil built up around
where the valve goes into the valve cover. Also, I'm losing gaskets
(valve cover// replaced in August... another unseen gasket really
leaking... still to be located and replced) so I'm thinkin' the PCV is stuck
and preasurizing my Engine. I hpe that's the extent of it... if not, you konw
how to drop a 360 into an 88 dak? =)

-mike d.