Re: Dyno numbers

From: Eric (erich@dhc.net)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 08:28:15 EST

I need some help here to compare dyno # with somebody else that have
dyno
tested a complete stock R/T 5.9 and a regular 5.2. I dyno tested my -99
R/T
CC 5.9 today and got really disappointed. Here are some numbers:

3700rpm / 247ft/lb torque
4700rpm / 189 HP

This is @ rearwheel.
"Snip"

Hey Eric those numbers are right in line. Look below
at the numbers Hot Rod got on a stock R/T. By the way
we G-teched our 97 5.2 and got 167 HP. Your dyno numbers
will fluctuate considering the conditions (outside air ect,)
and how many miles (Our R/T runs a lot faster now that it has
24,000 miles on it).

In the May 1998 issue of Hot Rod Mag
they dynode several cars including a new 1998
R/T. Results were as follows:

Rear wheel Horse Power 191.7 @ 4500 rpm
Rear wheel torque 252.2 lb-ft @ 3300 rpm

Mike Catlin