FABM and check engine light

From: Ed Garbacz (uegarbac@mcs.drexel.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 09:01:50 EST

Hi everybody,
    My new 99 V6 4x4 Dak recently had the check engine light come one. I took
it to the dealership and they determined that the IAC was bad(Idle Air
Controller?). They replaced it, and a couple of days later I received the
equipment for the FABM. So I installed the FABM with no problems. Two days
later the check engine light popped on again. Does anyone think it could be
related to the FABM? Is there a way that I can pull the codes on a 99? One
other thing I noticed since installing the FABM is that when the engine is cold
I hear a hissing sound when I press the gas pedal. This sound goes away once
the engine is warm. Could this be part of the problem or is it a normal sound
with the FABM? I think I will reinstall the factory settop up and see if that
helps. Thanks, for any help you can provide.

Ed G.