Re: Carlsbad Drag results

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 10:38:05 EST

Martin -

I am a bit surprised with your results , especially considering the fact
that you have the JBAs , and the electric fans (ya gotta give me the skinny
on that setup , BTW!) .

When I ran my R/T at Moroso in West Palm Beach back about three months ago
, the temp was about 90 , with about 80% humidity . The track is at sea
level since it is about 10 miles form the ocean .

I had my tailgate removed , spare removed , about an eightth of a tank of
100 octane . I also had the JET II module and the 14x3" FABM .I also had
the 180 stat in .

Everything else was left alone .

My best time was 15.388 , but I can't remember the speeds .

I only ran that once , but I was usually hitting in the 15.5-15.6 area . I
spun at least a lil bit on every launch except the one where I ran the
15.388 .

Anyway , fill me in on what kind of fan setup you have , including the
install !

Does it do the job as far as cooling ?

At 06:55 AM 11/16/1998 -0800, you wrote:
>DML,
>
> I finally got to race my truck in the 1/4 mile. With JBA
>headers, K&N drop in with 3" semi ram air setup, electric fan, no spare,
>no hitch , tail gate removed , and 1/2 tank of regular gas. Does anyone
>have the stock time for an R/T CC?? my first run I didn't have to wait
>in line for an hour. The tires were warm. The last run it was about 58
>degrees. I think carlsbad is at sea level.
>
> #1 #2 #3 #4
>Launch 1100 1200 1200 1200
>RPM
>OD off on on off
>60 ft 2.36 2.372 2.412 2.346
>330 ft. 6.518 6.537 6.572 6.505
>1/8 et 9.980 10.015 10.043 9.987
>1/8 mph 70.53 70.23 70.40 70.18
>1/4 et 15.58 15.669 15.663 15.633
>1/4 mph 78.76 88.22 88.78 88.22
> spun
> tires
> on
> launch
>
>Martin Tolentino
>99 R/T

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html