Chrysler Dyno

From: Eric (erich@dhc.net)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 22:01:43 EST

Well, to day I vent to one of Chrysler school classes. Started talking about Dyno results with the Chrysler personal. They told me that Chryslers Dyno are calibrated 3 times a day. You loose about 21% on a Auto tranny, then you have to consider cooling fan, air temp, altitude, and how the truck is mounted to the Dyno? If you strap the vehicle wrong to the dyno you can get a false reading, you also get false readings if the Dyno isn't calibrated right. And sense my Dyno test showed 1HP gained with a K/N open cone filter, well you figure it out.
So my 1200 mile -99 R/T CC delivering 240HP @ flywheel ( 240-21%=189,6 HP) I'm happy with that considering the low mileage I have. Remember to deduct the drive train loss % from flywheel HP and not add % to rear wheel HP. I made that mistake at first.
I would like to thank everyone that replayed on my Dyno mails, I really appreciated it.
Swede///