Re: Re: RE: Vortech R/T support Attn Dan

From: Ron Merx (ronmerx@nol.net)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 22:50:12 EST

Daniel Colucci wrote:

> How can a Vortech not produce any appreciable gains in HP or torque on a
> post 96 engine? What has really changed on these engines since 1992-93? I
> will contact Vortech soon to discover the answers. If they have any that
> is. Thanks Frank.

Ron Merx wrote:

Good question Dan, Since I'm fixing to take a step as you have I hope it's not
in the wrong direction. A few questions tho. Do you have the Boost Pressure
Gauge and do you have an O2 sensor gauge? These would help on *tuning*. Meaning
is the A/F mixture correct at WOT? These gauges have sure helped me on tuning.
I found I needed the 1.7 rockers (more air-less restriction) and the 24#
injectors (more fuel) . Also a fuel pressure gage would be helpful when going
into boost to be sure fuel pressure is there when needed. Mine goes to over 100
psi at full boost. Alot of variables but have my Indy Ram running fair and
hope to pass it along to my new R/T with alot less weight. Would like to
discuss this further when and if it's convenient for you.

Ron

--

Ron Merx (IndyRon) <ronmerx@nol.net>

'96 Ram Indy Pace Truck, Vortech Supercharger w/underdrive pulley, Mopar R/T cam, Mopar Perf. Computer, Crower 1.7 rockers w/ H-D springs, MSD 6A-BTM ignition, J&S Digital Safeguard, MPI Pro Street TBI, DynaMax muffler 3" hiflo cat exhaust (custom built), 4.10 Gears, Borla Headers, 24# injectors, TransGo kit, B&M Floor Shifter, Running low 13's and wanting MORE (less)...... Maybe with the new R/T on order?